I have been given a great honour by being awarded for a ‘Liebster Award’ by another fantastic blogger by the name of Sarah Levis, who herself hosts an amazing blog, which can be found at ’Girl with the Cane‘ (if you haven’t already been over the blog then it is a must read!). Thank you so much Sarah for giving my blog its fist award.
This award is giving to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. And ‘Liebster’ is a Germanic word which can mean sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. Wow!! A lot of meaning for one little word!
The award, also comes with the following rules:
- You must thank the person who gave you the award
- You must display the Liebster heart on your blog
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves
- Answer the questions that the person who has awarded you has set, plus create 11 questions for the people you have nominated
- You should nominate 3-5 up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers
- Notify your nominees and provide a link back to your post
- You’re not supposed to do “ping-backs”
OK, so ready, set, here are 11 facts that you may or may not know about me:
- I was born in a British Military Hospital in Germany
- I am an only child
- I have a 2:1 BSc degree in Psychology
- My favourite ever book is Little Women
- My favourite thing is to watch films in my pyjamas wrapped up with a blanket
- I love hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows
- I have read every Jodi Picoult novel
- I have a huge phobia of heights
- I love forensic crime shows, particularly CSI and Bones
- My parents call me an ‘Oracle’ as I know a lot of useful facts
- I have a huge crush on Simon Baker (but then who doesn’t?)
And I have now narrowed down the list, and have decided to give the following blogs a ‘Liebster’ Award! Congratulations!! You are all amazing:
- Dystonia Muse
- Unseen Magazine Blog
- Sick Girl Diary
- I Just Go Where my Brain Takes Me
- Being Chronically Thankful
Please visit all of these fantastic blogs! I have learned so much and continue to be inspired by them.
And now to answer the questions that Sarah has left for me!:
- Why did you decide to start blogging? I wanted an outlet for my frustration that the symptoms caused by my condition affects me, but more than that I also wanted to educate and raise awareness of neurological conditions as well as invisible illnesses in general
- Are you a morning person or a night owl? I am definitely a morning person – because of my condition, I become very tired in the evening, often causing me to be in my pyjamas by 7 pm!
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? I would definitely choose to eat lasagna – I not only love eating it, but also love preparing it!! In fact, I love all Italian food
- What’s you all-time favourite movie? Now, that I have finally watched it, I would definitely say ‘Les Miserables’ – an amazing movie!
- What was your first concert? I believe my first concert was when I was around the age of 12 and went to see a UK boyband by the name of Boyzone
- Have you spent all day in your pyjamas (as an adult)? As a sufferer of chronic illness – and being unwell a lot, the answer is most definitely YES!
- What was your first pet’s name? Where did that name come from? My first pet was a hamster who we called ‘Peanuts’ and choose the name based on its colouring
- What’s your favourite board game? Trivial Pursuit – as I usually win!!
- Do you know how to ballroom dance? Absolutely not – I have no rhythm or coordination and would fall down a lot!!
- Can you play an instrument? If so, which one? No, I cannot play any instruments but would love to learn to play the guitar
- What’s your dream job? It used to be my dream to be a clinical psychologist, and like to think that’s what I would be doing if it weren’t for my illness
And now everyone here are the questions for those who I have nominated:
- When did you first start your blog? What were the reasons for doing so?
- If you were an animal, what animal would you be?
- If you were stuck on a desert island, which 3 books would you choose to take with you?
- If you were stuck in a lift (elevator), which 3 people would you most like to be stuck with?
- Where is your dream destination?
- Favourite ice-cream flavour?
- What is your favourite room in your home?
- Would you prefer to spend the night in your favourite ‘going-out’ gear or in your pyjamas?
- If there was one object that could represent you; which object would you choose?
- What is your favourite movie?
- What would be the one thing that would be at the top of your ‘bucket list’?